- Back to Home »
- What is the significance of various forms of Lord Hanuman?
- 1. Science behind the idol
- 2. Shani (Saturn) and Maruti
- 3 Demigods (yakshas) and Maruti
- 4 Ganapati and Maruti
- 5 Importance of Maruti as described by saints
- 6. Worship
- 7. Maruti in our lives
- Once after bathing Sita made a red spot (tila) with sindur on Her forehead. When Hanuman asked for an explanation Sita replied, “It is because of this that Your Master’s life is prolonged”. When He heard this, Hanuman smeared sindurall over His body !
- Once when Hanuman was proceeding to Lanka with the Dronagiri hills Bharat struck Him with an arrow and wounded His leg. The wound healed with a mixture of sindur and oil. Hence sindur and oil are Hanuman’s favourites.’
|Figure A||Figure B|
- Maruti as the servitor (Dasmaruti) and Maruti as the courageous one (Virmaruti): Hanuman has two forms namely Maruti as the servitor and Maruti as the courageous one. The servitor form is the one in which Hanuman stands in front of Rama with His hands folded in obeisance, His tail resting on the ground. The stance of Maruti as the courageous one is that of one ready for battle. His tail is upright and His right hand is turned towards His head. Sometimes even a demon crushed under His feet is depicted. To overcome problems of possession, black magic, etc. Maruti as the courageous one is worshipped.
- Maruti with five faces (Panchmukhi Maruti):
- Maruti facing the south (Dakshinmukhi Maruti): Here the word south (dakshin) has two meanings - one is the south direction and second, the right side.South in context to the direction: Here since Maruti faces the south He is named so. Black magic like jaran, maran, etc. are done primarily in front of this idol of Maruti. Such idols of Maruti are found in Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad, etc. in Maharashtra and in Basavgudi in the district of Karnataka in India.South in context to the right side: This Maruti has His face turned towards the right. What do you feel after looking at the following two figures? First decide with which you experience more energy and only then read the following section.
- 1. In the verse with a thousand Names of Hanuman (Hanumansahasranam stotra) Shani is one of the Names of Hanuman.
- 2. In the Surya Sanhita it is said that Hanuman was born on a Saturday (Shanivar).
- 3. It is given in holy texts that Rudra is one of the ten names of Shani.
- 4. Just like Shani one occasionally comes across Hanuman with a dark complexion.
- 5. Since Shani is popular in the Gadhval region Hanuman is also seen sporting an iron whip akin to Shani. As a result unknowingly a relationship between Shani and Hanuman must have been established and Hanuman’s worship on Saturdays and His inclusion in the vowed observance of worshipping Saturday (Shanivarvrat) must have commenced.
- 1. Shani is the son of the Sun deity hence is born from the tej (absolute fire) element whereas Hanuman is the son of Vayu hence is born from the vayu (absolute air) element.
- 2. There is discord between Shani and the sun whereas Hanuman is a devotee of the Sun deity. He has learnt all the skills from the Sun deity who has imparted a hundredth portion of His radiance to Him. Due to the conflict between Shani and the Sun deity the latter helped Hanuman, the enemy of His enemy (Shani). At that time the vayu element and energy had not manifested completely in Hanuman.
- 3. Shani is slow whereas Hanuman is swift like the eagle.
- 4. Shani is an evil planet while Hanuman is definitely not so.
- 5. It is said that one should not sell oil on Saturdays yet it is customary to offer oil to Hanuman on that day.
- To overcome distressing energy: To overcome problems due to spirits, black magic, ancestors’ subtle bodies, suffering due to Shani, etc.
- To control pleasant energy: If there is any obstacle in the pathway of the activated kundalini (spiritual energy) then to overcome it and channelise it appropriately.
Dear Brethren, The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Throughout the life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. Either I will find a way, or I will make one. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. DREAM BIG, Work HARD...!
Love myself I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I'm tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become.